Saturday, November 27, 2010

Lesson Nine: Design Development

I was actually un-able to attend this lesson due to illness, however I had a copy of the brief and have worked through what would have been asked of me in class. I have really enjoyed working through the design development process.

If I was going to do this again, I would have began to work on our word differently, so that I could have a stronger more adventurous concept to design from, but I have never created my own concept before, so this is something I have learnt.

Below are the photographs I have taken, of the development and process that I have carried out to get both a final collection and illustrations.






This was the first draft of my collection of 6 garments.

I then developed the designs into front and back views, playing with hair colour and design still. 

Again here, this is the other half of the collection I have developed, the other thing here I am not sure about is the fact that I have put all of them in boots. 



After looking at the whole collection together I have decided that this design, is what is making the collection look military which wasn't intentional, so I am going to remove it.

I did then draw the collection out again, so that it looked finished and fitted well together.




This is the design that have now put in the place of the weakest one that I didn't feel fit in.


I then went on to look into some illustrators that I liked the style of before drawing up my own illustrations. The work above and below is by Gustavo Arango, I thought his work was really good and strong, however I found someone I wanted to work with more. 







This is Peter Som's work, which I really liked to look of, and you can see below it is really loose and free.










This is one of the two final illustrations I have created inspired by Peter Som's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment