Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lesson Six: Shape Realisation

To begin with in this lesson, I really struggled as I haven't done any pattern cutting really, I have made garments from patterns but I haven't ever had to draw them myself and use pattern masters and notches, but because we were working in groups, it made it very easy for me to pick up the basics from my fellow peers.

We were given a garment that represented our word which is twisted, and as you can see it is very fitting. we were asked to make it in three different ways:

1, Out of fabric and sewn on the industrial sewing machines.

2, Out of fabric and be hand sewn together.

3, A really experimental one made out of paper and any way of attaching it together.

We as a group drew out the patterns and cut them out:







I was mainly working on the machine sewn piece, unfortunately this is something I really struggled with as I am not used to the industrial, but I am glad that I did it though, as it gave me some good practice.

Here are people working on their different techniques below:





I was happy with the finished results, after never having done it before, below the photographs include the different experiments carried out with the brown paper and the final sewn garments: 



















No comments:

Post a Comment